Live Stream Manual for Business Users
Welcome to the Nordic Business Forum Live Stream Manual for Business Pass holders!
Using our live stream is very simple. On this page, you will find everything you need to know to make your live stream experience smooth and enjoyable. The instructions are divided into two parts to make sure you easily find all the relevant information to both use cases.
1. Live Stream Manual for Nordic Business Forum Online Events
How to set up the live stream:
- Register to Brella through the unique join link we sent to you by email.
- After you have set up your account, navigate to https://next.brella.io.
- Log in using the credentials you created earlier to set up your Brella account.
- Once you’re in Brella, click the “Stream” tab.
- Sit back and enjoy! The live stream broadcast will start playing automatically once it is available.
Click the full-screen icon on the lower-right corner of the video player for the full experience.
Not a tech wizard? No need to worry – here are the technical requirements:
- You do not need to download anything to view the live stream. The video plays automatically in your browser. We recommend using Google Chrome as your browser to ensure the best possible experience.
- You need a minimum of 10Mb/10Mb Internet speed for clear video quality, check at http://www.speedtest.net. For the best results, we recommend that you use an Ethernet cable to connect to your internet during the live stream. Wifi works well too, but an Ethernet connection will be much more reliable. Please note that Nordic Business Forum is not responsible for any data connection charges related to your viewing on mobile devices or from alternative platforms or services.
- Check the sound and screen resolution on your live stream viewing device ahead of the event. Make sure that the volume levels and brightness settings are adjusted to the room in which the live stream will be on display.
- You can test the live stream whenever you sign up to Brella. On the “Stream” tab there is an introduction video that you can use for testing.
- If you still have questions about any technical issues, please check the FAQs here or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The event schedule may change before (or during) the event, but this is rare. Our schedule is generally accurate but we advise you to check the agenda beforehand. You can find the agenda from the event website.
Live Stream marketing guidelines
In all event marketing, the purchaser of the Live Stream Business Pass needs to explicitly state that the event is an “independently organized live stream event“. The purchaser may use the Nordic Business Forum’s logo, which includes this text, in their marketing but it is strictly forbidden to use the speakers’ photos in any material without the approval of the speakers.
The marketing of the live stream event cannot start before the live stream pass has been purchased, so make sure you have purchased the pass before you start marketing the event.
Presentations on demand
All of the presentations will also be available for 30 days after the event on our video library. The on-demand videos will be available within 24 hours after their original broadcast. The on-demand videos will appear on https://live.nbforum.com/nbf/video-library/ and you can access them with your live.nbforum.com login.
We encourage you to make the most of your live stream experience and revisit the presentations after the event. You can watch the on-demand content with a group of people, just like the live broadcast.
2. Manual for Streaming Solution for Remote Groups
We are taking our live streaming experience to a totally new level by adding a possibility to remotely stream our events to your employees or members. Thanks to this new solution, you will be able to embed our live stream to your website. You only need a password-protected website for your organization to be able to embed the player.
How to set up the live stream
- Provide us the domain where you wish to embed the video player (for example www.nbforum.com). When you are placing the order, you can add it to the order notes field on the checkout page. If you have already purchased the product, you can send the information via email (email@example.com).
- We will send the iframe code to you by email. Once you get the code, copy it to your clipboard and paste it into your website’s HTML editor.
- Publish the website and you should see the video player on your website.
- If you see the following error message “Embedding is disabled on this page.” it’s because we haven’t yet allowed embedding on your domain. In this case, contact our customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the URL of the page (e.g. companyname.sharepoint.com, www.companyname.com, etc).
How to test the live stream solution with a test player
You can try to set up our test live stream player on your password-protected website with the following test iframe script. We highly recommend you do this before adding the final iframe player to your website. If you can see the test player with a watchable video recording, then your website should be suitable for the online event’s live stream player. The streaming solution we use for live streaming our events is provided by Vimeo livestream.com (https://help.livestream.com/hc/en-us).
Here’s how test the solution:
1. Copy the following iframe code to your clipboard and paste it into your website’s HTML editor.
2. Publish the website and you should see the following video player on your website.
If you see the following error message “Embedding is disabled on this page.” It’s because we are testing the whitelisting feature with another customer and haven’t yet allowed embedding on your domain. In that case, you contact our technical support through our chat.
To set up the event’s iframe, you need to have an employee portal or similar password-protected website where you can embed the player.
The live stream player is only usable on pre-authorized websites and we are using domain-level privacy to specify which websites are permitted to embed our player. Any sites that are not on our list will receive an error message when attempting to embed it.
When you place your order, you will need to provide us with the domain in which you wish to embed the video (e.g. companyname.sharepoint.com, www.companyname.com, etc). If you don’t have the exact domain at the time of the purchase, you can also send it to us later by email (email@example.com).
Network Configuration Requirements for Viewers
If you have viewers watching from a network that has a strict firewall service in place, such as a school or a corporation, they may need to whitelist a few domains in order for them to watch the event.
The domains their network administrator should whitelist are:
The event schedule may change before (or during) the event, but this is rare. Our schedule is generally accurate but we advise you to check the agenda beforehand. You can find the agenda from the event website. For the Online Bootcamp in April, you can find the schedule here.