Live Stream Manual for Streaming Pass Users
Welcome to the Nordic Business Forum Live Stream Manual for Streaming Pass holders!
On this page, you will find everything you need to know to make the live stream experience in your organization smooth and enjoyable.
How to set up the live stream
- Provide us the website’s complete address (FQDN) where you wish to embed the video player (for example, nbforum.sharepoint.com, www.nbforum.com). When you are placing the order, you can add it to the order notes field on the checkout page. If you have already purchased the product, you can send the information via email (email@example.com).
- We will send the iframe code to you by email. Once you get the code, copy it to your clipboard and paste it into your website’s HTML editor.
- Publish the website and you should see the video player on your website.
- If you see the following error message “Embedding is disabled on this page.” it’s because we haven’t yet allowed embedding on your website. In this case, contact our customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the URL of the page (e.g. companyname.sharepoint.com, www.companyname.com, etc).
How to test the live stream solution with a test player
We highly recommend you do this before adding the final iframe player to your website. If you can see the test player with a watchable video recording, then your website should be suitable for the online event’s live stream player. Currently, all *.sharepoint.com subdomains are whitelisted on the test player. The streaming solution we use for live streaming our events is an enterprise-level solution provided by Vimeo livestream.com (https://help.livestream.com/hc/en-us).
Here’s how to test the solution:
1. Copy the following iframe code to your clipboard and paste it into your website’s HTML editor.
2. Publish the website and you should see the following video player on your website.
If you can see the player with a watchable video recording, then your website should be suitable for the live stream player and you’re ready to place an order. Currently, all *.sharepoint.com subdomains are whitelisted on the test player.
If you see the following error message on the test player “Embedding is disabled on this page.” It’s because we haven’t yet allowed embedding on your website. In that case, you contact our technical support through our chat and provide the URL of the website (e.g. www.companyname.com).
To set up the event’s iframe, you need to have an employee portal or similar password-protected website where you can embed the player.
The live stream player is only usable on pre-authorized websites and we are using URL Embed Restriction to specify which websites are permitted to embed our player. Any sites that are not on our list will receive an error message when attempting to embed it.
When you place your order, you will need to provide us the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) where you wish to embed the video player (for example, nbforum.sharepoint.com). If you don’t have the exact address at the time of the purchase, you can also send it to us later by email (email@example.com).
Why am I seeing the error message “Embedding is disabled on this page.”
If you see the following error message “Embedding is disabled on this page. If you think there has been an issue, please contact the event owner.” There are three possible reasons for that:
1. We haven’t yet allowed embedding on your website. In this case, contact our customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide us the website’s complete address (FQDN) where you wish to embed the video player (for example, nbforum.sharepoint.com, www.nbforum.com).
You can see the ports and domains that Vimeo Livestream uses from the next section.
Network Configuration Requirements for Viewers
If you have viewers watching from a network that has a strict firewall service in places, such as a school or a corporation, they may need to whitelist a few domains in order for them to watch the event.
Viewers should ensure the following ports are open on their network for playback:
TCP/UDP 80 (HTTP)
TCP/UDP 443 (HTTPS)
The domains their network administrator should whitelist for the main iframe (Vimeo Livestream.com) are:
The domains their network administrator should whitelist for the backup iframe (Vimeo Enterprise, read more) are:
The event schedule may change before (or during) the event, but this is rare. Our schedule is generally accurate but we advise you to check the agenda beforehand. You can find the agenda from the event website. For our upcoming September event (Nordic Business Forum Helsinki 2021), you can find the event agenda here.
In order to get your employees to take advantage of this great learning opportunity, we recommend you to communicate and market it across your organization. To help you do this, we have some resources for you to use:
Presentations on demand
With our events, the presentations will be available on the same player for 30 days after the event.
We encourage you to make the most of your live stream experience and revisit the presentations after the event. You can watch the on-demand content with your entire organization, just like the live broadcast.